Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Parental vacation - the pre-post

I have drafted a dozen posts over the past two months and not published a single one. I am feeling as though they are uninspired, and others perhaps a bit too harsh and judgmental about some of the observations I´ve made lately. I must need a vacation….


Luckily, it is time for a Booth family jungle adventure!

My parents arrive in two days to Peru for their second visit. This time around, we are headed to the north of the country to the cloud forest/jungle of Chachapoyas and then off to Iquitos for a jungle tour. But our first stop in Lima will be a boat tour to see sea lions and Humboldt penguins. I´m so excited to get to travel around this beautiful country with them again!

It comes at a perfect time. I am feeling homesick while I see all my friends and family back home enjoying summer weather and vacation. Here in Lima, the weather is gloomy, grey and drizzly every day. I am ready for some sunshine!

My personal aspirations for the trip are to get updates from my parents about the rest of the family and our friends. I am also hoping for some sage advice about what to do with my future (am I asking too much of them?), taking some great pictures, and making some fun and entertaining memories.

This time around, I planned the entire trip instead of contracting a travel agency to do it… we shall see how it turns out. Try not to panic pops, sometimes life is more fun when it is not planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment